Anthology Update: Welcome Aboard!
We're so excited to have you as an author for our upcoming anthology.
To start connecting with your fellow authors, you will soon receive an invitation to join our LinkedIn chat and Slack workspace. Slack will be our community hub for collaborating, sharing ideas, and getting to know each other throughout the process. Please introduce yourself on both platforms.
Bookmark this page; you'll need to refer to it throughout the process.
- Where will the book be uploaded (published)? Ingram Spark is the preferred publishing platform. If another platform is chosen, you will be notified.
- How do clients order books? They will order books from your landing page. Books will not available for sale on Amazon, B&N, etc.
- Who designs the landing page? We will design the landing page; you only need to add your personal details and copy it to your laptop.
- How do we get the books? Each anthology will receive a book order spreadship. Complete the information on the spreadsheet and submit payment using the link found on the first row.
- What payment link should I use when processing book orders? Stripe and PayPal are two of the most popular.
- Do I need to do a chapter outline? Yes. The outline is required. Chapters will not be reviewed without it. After you submit your chapter outline, feel free to start writing. You do not have to wait for feedback before writing your chapter.
- Do I need to follow the chapter template? Yes. The template contains the font, font size, headings, etc. that will be used for every chapter. If your chapter is written without using the template, you are responsible for formatting according to template guidelines. Chapters will not be reviewed without it.
- When should we begin marketing? Immediately. Let your connections and community know that you're participating in an anthology and start growing your email list.
- How long should my chapter be? No less than 2k and no more than 4k words.
- What is the process? Month 1 is recruiting. Month 2 is devoted to writing your chapter. Month 3 is focused on editing and marketing. Month 4 is book cover reveal and book release.
- What are working sessions? These are Zoom sessions where you log in and write. You're free to ask questions and seek guidance but talking is kept to a minimum. The work session is time blocked off so you can focus on writing. It's held almost every Friday starting at 12 central. The room closes once everyone leaves. Here is the Zoom invite: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/7348430286?pwd=aktxYnpzUkRhN3dzbnJtOHNtNGR6QT09